Just a reminder that time to register for our upcoming Stream Restoration workshop is running out!
If you are considering signing up – NOW IS THE TIME TO DO IT!
If you need more information, call us at the contact info below.
Here the info again:
If you are passionate about Stream Restoration than you do NOT want to miss this!
- 3-days of classroom and in-field instruction at the Shasta College Campus
- 2 experienced instructors will provide valuable instruction backed by years of practical experience. Your instructors for this event will be the Stream Dream Team of John McCullah (read about him here) and David Derrick (read about him here).
- Learn to “Read a Stream” from David Derrick, Vicksburg MS. David travels 230+ days a year visiting streams, teaching, designing, and implementing projects!!
- Learn the MOST Environmentally-Sensitive Streambank Stabilization and Biotechnical Techniques from John McCullah. These are the newest techniques out there. We’re not going to cover the old stuff.
- How are redirective techniques (rock vanes and bendway weirs) different from resistive techniques? See it for yourself and learn from experience.
- Tour and study TWO remarkable Salmonid stream restoration projects – Sulphur Creek and Clear Creek with the experts (learn more about Sulphur Creek here)
- Stillwater Creek at Shasta College will provide a actual learning laboratory
- Discuss with the experts and plan the real-life restoration of this incised, highly channelized, collapsing Streambank.
- Come back next year for the hands on execution of that plan
- Price: All of this for the silly low price of $ 200
- Similar one-day courses from John and David cost over $ 300 each. This BOOT CAMP is 3 days with BOTH John and David.
David Derrick, Vice President of River Research and Design, Inc. & John McCullah, Watershed Geologist/CPESC, Salix Applied Earthcare
November 10-12, 2009 Tuesday through Thursday
8:00-4:30 Program starts at 8:30am. Morning Refreshments and Lunch will be provided each day.
Shasta College 11555 Old Oregon Trail, Redding CA 96003
General $200.00 WCIECA members $175.00
Tara Petti, Sacramento Watersheds Action Group
2455 Athens Ave. Redding, Ca 96001
SPACE IS LIMITED, SIGN UP SOON!