11 Mar Sign up now for 2022 Erosion Control BMP SUMMIT – Training & Field Day – Agenda & Topics
The upcoming 2022 Erosion Control BMP Summit held at Shasta College is a training field event with a fully loaded schedule.
Get your early birds tickets while they are still available! Register here.
Tuesday, April 12th
Registration and Breakfast: 7:30 am
Workshop: 8:15 am – 5:00 pm
Erosion Control Social: 6:00 pm at The Red Lion Hotel on Hilltop Drive, Redding
Wednesday, April 13, 2nd day
Breakfast: 7:30 am
Workshop: 8:15 am – 4:00 pm
We have been moving dirt and the site is ready!
- “The Profitable Science of Hydraulics Erosion Control”- Wally Butman, 30 min + Field Demo – 30 min
- “Tips For An Effective SWPP Inspection” – The Tully Group – 35 min
- “Native Grasses, Forbes, and Shrubs – The permanent Erosion Control Solution” – David Gilpin, Pacific Coast Seed – 35 min.
- “Straw Mulching-Everything Needed to Know About Applications -Straw-blowing and Tacking” – Bryan Graves and John McCullah – Field Demo – 30 min.
- The Selection and Installation of EC, Runoff Control, and Sediment Control BMPS – The Tools of Compliance – J. McCullah, CPESC 311
Many more topics and practices will be covered (theory and practice):
- The most effective Hudromulches,
- BFMs/FGM, Biotic soil mulches (and why necessary for Soil Regeneration
- Compost-based BMPs.
- Compost Socks, Compost Filter Soxx,
- Compost Blower Machines -FINN 5cy Bark Blower Machine will be demonstrated for applying compost berms, compost blankets, and custom-filled Grow Soxx w/ mycorrhiza and native seed mix
- See FINN’s new epic E-machine Hydroseeder/ Hydromuncher- demo on field
- Sediment Barriers and Fiber Rolls for Slope Interruption – straw rolls, coir (coconut) barriers ( Colin Ewart, Filtrexx and Lynn Friesner, and RoLanka products will be demonstrated in the Field.
- BioD blocks for “ditch checks”
- Turf reinforcement mats (biodegradable and poly based)-theory and application
- Selection and installation of Erosion Control Blankets
John will also present:
- “How do you know the Hydromulch was applied as specified.”
- “CARR fire experience and Successional Reclamation Theory”
- “Road drainage practice for low volume Ranch, Utility/Transmission Access roads” and “grow road restoration“ etc.
- Case Studies on Green Armor systems for Steep Slopes
- Case Study on Bluffs Repair, using Coir BioD blocks, willow branches and compost grow Soxx/ Living walls.
Want an event “Got Dirt” t-shirt? Get registered soon and send along your size and gender preferences.
More site preparation photos: