The Dirt Time Complete Works is now available!
The Complete Works is divided up into two DVD sets – The BMP (Best Managed Practices) set and the BioEngineering Set. They are available together for only $299 or separately for $175.00 each.
Order them now at the WatchYourDirt Shop (Click Here).
Here’s what is on each of the four discs…
BMP Set Disc One
• Hydromulch on a large area cover up
• Compost Blanket
• Blown Straw
• RECP / Erosion Control Blankets
• Silt Fencing
• Sediment Ponds
• Theory of Ditch Check
• Gravel Ditch Checks
• Gravel Bag Ditch Checks
• Fiber Rolls Ditch Checks
• Triangular Silt Dike Ditch Checks
• Enviroberm Ditch Checks
• Hay Bales: The Good & The Bad
• Straw Talk – A discussion about different straw types and straw theory
BMP Set Disc Two
• Articulate Concrete Blocks
• Low Water Crossings
• Stabilized Construction Entrances – Traditional
• Stabilized Construction Entrances – Rumble Strips
• Turf Reinforcement Mats in a Channel
• The ‘Green Armor System’
• Energy Dissipators – Traditional (rock)
• Energy Dissipators – ScourStop
• Extreme Slope Stabilization
• Extreme Slope Stabilization – Update (6 months later)
BioEngineering Set – Disc One
The Willow Creek Project (Follows a large Scale Riverbank stabilization from start to finish), detailing…
• Rock Vanes
• Longitudinal Peak Stone Toe Protection (Rock Toe)
• Slope Prep & Trackwalking
• Soil Nailing
• Fiber Rolls
• Gully Repair
• Live Willow Staking
• Live Siltation
• Modified Brush Layering
• Soil Flaps
• Slope Stabilization
BioEngineering Set – Disc Two
• Rock Vanes
• Large Woody Debris
• Live Pole Drains
• Modified Brush Layering (2)
• Vegetated RipRap
• VMSE (Soil Wrapping)
Today we are proud to announce and release…
Dirt Time: The Ultimate Collection
The Ultimate Collection is EVERY Dirt Time Episode in ONE complete boxed set. No need to decide which episode is the right one to get. Now its simple: Just get the Ultimate Set and get em’ all!
1 Boxed Set
The Boxed Set is Released and Available now at the Watch Your Dirt Shop
Dirt Time: The Ultimate Collection contains the following episodes:
- Ep 1 – Hydro Mulching
- Ep 2 – Erosion Control Blankets
- Ep 3 – Sediment Ponds
- Ep 4 – Silt Fence
- Ep 5 – Fiber Rolls / Wattles
- Ep 6 – Polymers
- Ep 7 – The Hinton Project Pt.1
- Ep 8 – The Hinton Project Pt.2
- Ep 9 – The Hinton Project Pt. 3
- Ep 10 – Dirt Time in Alaska Pt 1
- Ep 11 – Dirt Time in Alaska Pt 2
- Ep 12 – Dirt Time in Alaska Pt 3
- Ep 13 – Hinton Project 2 Pt 1
- Ep 14 – Hinton Project 2 Pt 2
- Ep 15 – Hinton Project 2 Pt 3
- Ep 16 – Ditch Checks
- Ep 17 – Energy Dissipators
- Ep 18 – TRMs in a Channel
- Ep 19 – Extreme Slope Stabilization
- Ep 20 – Articulated Concrete Blocks
- Ep 21 – Willow Creek Project Pt 1
- Ep 22 – Willow Creek Project Pt 2
- Ep 23 – Willow Creek Project Pt 3
- Ep 24 – Hydromulch 2
- Ep 25 – The Big Cover Up
Over the course of those 25 Episodes, you’ll learn about…
Silt Fence • Hydromulch • Erosion Control Blankets • Sediment Ponds • Fiber Rolls • Polymers • Streambank Stabilization • Rock Vanes • Live Siltation • Brush Mattresses • LPSTP • Turbidity • Riverbank Stabilization • Vegetated Sandbags • Coir Blocks & Rolls • Large Woody Debris • Live Pole Drains • Brush Layering • Modified Brush Layering • In-Stream Boulder Clusters • Live Staking • Compost Socks • Ditch Checks • Triangular Silt Dikes • Rock CheckDams • The Enviroberm • Fiber Roll Checks • Rock Energy Dissipators • ScourStop • RECPs on a Slope • Turf Reinforcement Mats • Extreme Slope Stabilization • Slope Nailing • Bonded Fiber Matrix • Mechanically Bonded Fiber Matrix • Flexible Growth Medium • HydroStraw • Articulated Concrete Blocks • Low Water Crossing • Track Walking • Soil Nail Guns • Soil Flapping • Vegetated Mechanically Stabilized Earth • Compost Blankets • Compost Berms • Blown Straw • Large Area Cover Up Techniques & Much More!
21 Dec Dirt Time Gets a New Fan
Hey all John here,
I’d like to introduce you to our newest “super fan”. Move over Keith! His name is Jacob Riegelhuth and he is posing above with his own episode of Dirt Time.
I got to meet little Jacob last March in Templeton CA where David Franklin and I were teaching some RWQCB/Caltrans sponsored courses.
His Dad, Pete Riegelhuth, had been telling me for a year that his young son was my biggest fan! Jacob and his dad watch all the episodes at home and apparently, in Jacob’s mind, I am right up there with SpongeBob. Now that’s my kind of kid!
When in the car and he sees erosion control he hollers out “there’s John McCullah’s wattle or there’s john McCullah silt fence”. Wow, awesome! Anyway, his Mom (she is a fan too) and Dad brought him to this training and we got to meet face to face. Some kids get ‘Ice Capades’, this little guys gets me.
Why, you might ask, is a family watching Dirt Time? Well Pete is a long-time associate and Landscape Architect with Caltrans. He has been involved in Erosion Control for years, in fact he is the Caltrans District 5 Stormwater Coordinator, that is down in the San Louis Obispo to Santa Cruz area. The District 5 Landscape Architects Group are really environmentally-innovative and have won awards for Bioengineering Streams near Highways.
So, the next time you and your family are curling up around the television, PVR that ‘Dancing with the Stars’ and consider popping in a ‘Dirt Time’.
Dirt Time: Bringing Families Closer Together since 2006!